Computer Operator - Celebration Service
Both of our worship services use a projector and screen. At our Celebration Service on Sundays at 11:00am, we use a program called MediaShout, has been called "Powerpoint on steroids". It is a powerful program, yet very easy to operate for song lyrics, images, videos, etc. A Computer Operator operates MediaShout during the service on Sunday mornings.
- operating MediaShout to provide song lyrics, images, videos, etc.
- following along with the service and changing slides appropriately
- Depending on time and skill, Operators may also be able to build the worship service "scripts" in MediaShout
- a willingness to be a Christian servant leader in a low-profile, but high-importance role
- willingness to celebrate success as "no one noticed me"
- comfortable with technology; familiarity with presentation software (Powerpoint, Keynote, etc.) is a bonus, but not essential
- be available at 10:30am on Sunday mornings when you're scheduled to begin the service at 11:00
- be available for a 7:00pm Wednesday rehearsal whenever possible. It's not essential, but is a great help both to you and to our musicians
- a willingness to be trained
- for song lyrics, a good ear for music is helpful but not essential to begin - listening skills can be taught
How to Get Involved
- call our office at 250-492-5902 or email our pastor to get the ball rolling.
- "job shadow" on a Sunday morning with a current operator
- meet for designated training times as needed (This is a role that isn't difficult, but just because it's fairly easy does not mean it isn't important. It's a very important role!)
- have a great time serving!