Musician - Traditional Service
Our Traditional service is led musically by a choral group and accompanied by piano/organ. The door is always open for people to serve on this team.
- leading music on Sunday mornings for the Traditional service
- being available for a Saturday morning rehearsal 1-2 times a month (1st and 3rd Sundays of the month)
- being available at 8:15am Sunday for soundcheck and rehearsal
- a willingness to be a Christian servant leader with a very visible role: both humility and confidence are needed!
- our music teams exist to help the congregation sing well in worship of God
- our goal is not to be great performers or put on a "great show"
- even more important than musical skill is the willingness to be a servant, contributing your part with humility, yet at the same time with confidence that your part is an important one
- an intermediate level of skill. You need the ability to carry a tune well and blend with others. The ability to sing harmony (alto, tenor, or bass) is great, but not required.
- an ability to lead expressively without being "showy"
How to Get Involved
- Talk to one of our existing team members on a Sunday morning, or call our Director of Worship, Michael Schutz, at 250-492-5902 or email him to get the ball rolling.
- Come to a rehearsal time and sing along to get a feel for how things run. (It's not real formal - we're a pretty easy-to-get-along-with bunch who love singing!)
- Have a great time serving the church with your gifts!