Substitute Audio Engineer - Traditional Service
Our 9:00 worship service is led musically by a small chamber choir and piano, and uses a sound system for amplification. Audio Engineers (or less, formally, "sound guys/girls") work to blend the music together and provide audio support for our pastor and other speakers during Sunday worship and special events.
We have a faithful team of techs right now, but like all of us, they need breaks, and we'd love to have a few people to be "on call" to serve when needed.
- operating the audio board during the 9:00 service on Sunday mornings, and possibly at other events
- being available at 8:30am Sunday for soundcheck on a week that you're scheduled
- connecting with our pastor and other scheduled speakers to ensure wireless microphones are ready
- providing music from CD/DVD/computer as needed
- a willingness to be a Christian servant leader in a low-profile, but high-importance role
- comfortable with technology and a willingness to be trained
- good hearing; a good ear for music is helpful but not essential to begin - listening skills can be taught
How to Get Involved
- Call our Director of Worship, Michael Schutz, at 250-492-5902 or email him to get the ball rolling.
- "Job shadow" on a Sunday morning with our current techs to observe and learn
- Meet for designated training times as needed
- Have a great time serving!