Usher - Celebration Service
Ushers are greeters and assistants on Sunday morning. They help welcome people, get them our worship materials, help find seats when needed, and are a generally friendly and welcoming presence for our worship services. We have some very faithful people serving in this role, and we'd love to be able to add more people to this team.
- Welcoming people to Concordia and into the sancturay on Sunday mornings with a smile and friendly greeting
- Distributing worship materials such as the weekly bulletin and Digging Deeper
- Assisting with the logistics of the service, including taking offering, lighting and extingushing candles, directing people during Communion, assisting with finding seating when needed, etc.
- Assisting in the counting of the offering at the end of the service.
- Be plugged into Concordia as an active part of our faith community.
- Be available 1-2 times a month on Sunday mornings.
- Be available 20-30 minutes prior to the start of our 11:00 worship service on weeks that you're scheduled.
- Enjoy greeting people and meeting new people. (Extroverts will particularly love this kind of role!)
- Willingness to be trained
- Be willing to undergo a criminal record check (prior to handling money).
How to Get Involved
- Call our office at 250-492-5902 or contact our Director of Worship, Michael Schutz, (email).
- "Job shadow" on a Sunday morning with a current ushering team to observe and learn.
- Meet for designated training times as needed (This is a role that doesn't need a ton of training. But just because it's not super-difficult does not mean it isn't important. It's a very important role!)
- Have a great time serving and visiting with God's people!